followers

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Oh my Doll-ing! Where have I been?

I feel fairly up to date on the craft world products, or at least have a good grasp on whats going on out there. Somehow this slipped through the cracks for me. Prima mixed media doll stamps by Julie Nutting... have you seen these?
I grabbed these off Amazon for a decent price but mostly because I have Prime and could get them in 2 days. I just had to get my hands on these. Scrapbook.com has these for really reasonable prices and there are quite a few to choose from. 

Basically these are made with clean lines which are perfect for "fussy-cutting" and layering. 
This was my first attempt at assembling a layered stamp. Tip: Inking those edges is KEY to making your project look finished. 

So with my new machine being able to cut jpg. files I was thinking that one could stamp these, scan and create a file and load it into the new Design Space and let the Explore do all the hard work. I'll 
have to come back to that once that feature is allowed. There are some new releases of these stamps coming out soon that DO include dies that will cut out the layers for the stamps. 

Still confused on what you can do with these stamps? Throw "prima doll stamps" in your google and look at all the BEAUTIFUL work out there that has been done with these gals (youtube has some killer vids on assembling and ideas).

No comments:

Post a Comment